Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Tiny House Dreams

For several years now I have been following the Tiny House Movement, if you want to call it that.  I have followed many blogs, pinned many photos, and read several books.  Just recently I purchased the Tiny House Bundle for myself for Christmas which had several plans in it and lots of information.  I debated a tiny house versus an RV.... how much did I want to travel exactly?  Do I want to design my own or buy plans?  I had already picked out my favorite some time ago:


 
Photo courtesy of:  MiniMotives Site
 
 
  There are many factors and questions in my mind, but more reading has helped me to flesh out some new ideas.

One important factor is that Slim is 6'4", so for the most part, a loft is out of the question.  I am not sure if there are more standard Tiny House issues that will come up due to that fact, but it's something to think about.  He isn't opposed to the Tiny House, but he is not planning on shrinking anytime soon so.....

In blog hopping today I also came across this post:  Life in 700 Sq. Feet  which is from one of my new favorite bloggers, who spent 3 years in a tiny house and now has moved to a cottage for the winter.  Some of her points seem pretty important to me, like entertaining.  I love to have people over, and feel like my Tiny House plans might impede my ability to be able to do that in the future.  And hey, if I am planning my dream future I may have to make some modifications. 

What I really enjoyed most about her blog post was the perspective that she talked about in the end.....
"living small and simply isn’t about the size of my house or whether I can tow it down the highway. It’s about making mindful choices that give me freedom, flexibility, and the opportunity to spend time with loved ones."

I want to move forward, but it appears that I still have some thinking and researching to do.  I am so grateful for all the people that talk about their tiny house adventures so that I can learn from them!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment